The New Year is here and many of us have already made resolutions. Not only should you make resolutions to better yourself, but you should also make resolutions to better your business.To help your business to succeed this year, you will need to stay current on the latest business and marketing trends or risk falling behind.
5 Resolutions to Help Your Business in 2015If you’re looking to improve your business and marketing strategy in 2015, here are a few resolutions to help get started.
- Don’t Try Be on Every Social Network. Believe it or not, your business doesn’t need to be on Vine, Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, LinkedIn, Google+ and even SoundCloud to succeed in 2015. By doing this, you’re stretching yourself too thin and making it difficult to listen and engage with your audience. Stick to the networks that your audience likes so you can stay in front of your customers.
- Create a Customer Email List. Your list of clients is something that you can and should own. Capture as much data as you can about your customers, including phone numbers and email addresses, and use the data to create various email campaigns to target your audience. This could be a simple email marketing with specials and exclusives or targeted product campaigns to certain clients.
- Follow the Data. There is a ton of data available to you from Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools to help you understand your website visitors. Use it to your advantage to help you find out more about your customers, giving you insights that you may not have known.
- Be Mobile. Too many companies still have not invested in mobile-friendly websites. 2014 was the year of responsive web design, and those that did not invested are already behind. Invest in a mobile friendly website and mobile marketing tactics such as Twitter, Facebook, and geo-location applications to get into the mobile game.
- Set Realistic Goals. Setting realistic goals for your business will help you better analyze your marketing budget and performance. Understanding that your business can only convert 5 leads instead of 10 leads at your marketing budget is important.