When it comes to website design, you need to become familiar with the three layers of web development in order to come up with an effective design. It’s vital for you know these separate layers and their components in order to develop a good design for your website.
- The structure layer, or the content, is what the audiences will see when they visit your website. This layer is composed of images and text that should be readable. This page should also be easy to navigate so users can easily navigate your site. The XHTML is vital and in web development because it contains the layer that will complete the web document.
- The presentation and the style of the website are also vital. This will define how the content will appear to site visitors. This is composed of the CSS, or what is called “the style”.
- There will be shared resources – when you start making an external CSS file you can have it as well on any page of your websites. You don’t need to worry because there will be no repetition of the file, while it changes on each page you use it.
- There will be faster downloads – when a client downloads a script, it will be considered cached, allowing every page that the client will download will be faster in the same browser.
- The backward compatibility – those who have websites that are designed with the development layers will enjoy backwards compatibility since most browsers can’t utilize this kind of technology, especially with CSS HTML and others.
Understanding of how a website is built will help you create a web presence that generates leads and attention. If you would like assistance, the Raleigh web designers at TheeDesign can help. Just give us a call at 919-341-8901 or fill out our inquiry form and one of our web design specialists will be in contact with you soon.