Domain ranking factors include:
- Domain Age – Though Google’s head of Web Spam Matt Cutts has came out and said that domain age is no longer as important factor as it used to be, it is still a factor in the search engine rankings.
- Keyword First in Domain – If your domain starts with a keyword it can give your website strong search signals. For example if you’re trying to rank for “Golfing”, it might be crucial to claim GolfingSpecialists.com as your domain.
- Exact Match Domain (EMD) – EMDs still have some value even after the volatile EMD update earlier this year. It’s important for EMD’s to have quality content to continue to rank well.
- Domain Registration Length – Google sees websites that are registered for multiple years, as a legitimate property that plans on being around for years to come, compared to niche websites that sometimes are only set up for weeks or months.
- Private Information – Are you hiding something? If you’ve privatized your Whois information, chances are that Google sees you as hiding something and will possibly use this information to lower your website in the search rankings.
- Penalized Owner – If the domain owner has been penalized in the past, there is a chance that this penalty could affect other websites that they own or are trying to rank well.
Looking for internet marketing help, that can help your website rank and make you money at the same time? Contact the Raleigh internet marketing team and SEO experts at TheeDigital in Raleigh, NC at 919-341-8901 or schedule a consultation.