It takes a village to raise a child, and a lot of business savvy to raise a successful child care business. Our guest in this month’s Business Marketing Interview Series is Michele Baker, Executive Director of Primary Beginnings Child Development Centers in Raleigh, NC.
6 Questions on Small Business Marketing
1. Thank you for joining us Michele! Can you first please describe your Raleigh based business in a couple of sentences?
Primary Beginnings has been providing quality childcare to the Raleigh area since 1999. We have two 5 Star child care centers in Raleigh serving children six weeks old through fifth grade.
2. What is the biggest challenge in your business right now? What are you doing to deal with that?
The biggest challenge in our business right now is dealing with an economy that still has not fully recovered from the recession. We try different marketing avenues to increase our enrollment, we have also put our managers through a series of marketing workshops.
3. What has been the most important contribution to your success so far?
The most important contribution to our success has been that we strive to build partnerships with our parents to ensure the children in our care become successful.
4. How do you keep your customers satisfied? How do you build customer loyalty?
We keep our customers happy by providing excellent customer service and providing the support that parents need to be able to provide the best care for their children.
5. Besides internet marketing, what other strategies do you employ to market your business?
Other than internet marketing, we have a contract with the Raleigh Grand movie theater and we leave brochures at local businesses.
6. What is one thing you want people to know about Primary Beginnings?
I want people to know that at Primary Beginnings we know the importance of education during the first five years of life and we strive to instill the skills that young children need before they begin in the public school system. Our goal is to build self-esteem and independence while fostering curiosity in the lives of young children.
Raleigh Internet Marketing
Primary Beginnings isn’t the only business in town making the most of their internet marketing. Many small to mid-size businesses are understanding the value of having a strong online presence, and turning up the heat on their competition.
Do you have some marketing ideas that you think Michele should implement? Let us know in the comments below!