As we have said before, search engine optimization, or SEO, isn’t a secret. SEO is effective when a marketing strategist pays attention to detail, works thoroughly, and is efficient with the time you are paying for.
There are no “trade secrets” in this industry, and if someone tries to tell you that their work is only their business, run away quickly. At TheeDigital, we are confident in our SEO
and we’re not afraid to tell you how we do it!
Here Is Our Complete SEO Checklist:
Initial Keyword and Competitor Research
- Research and compile a list of the most converting keywords
- Research competitor sites and create list of their most used keywords
- Create lists of topical related keywords used by competitors
- Meta Data on Every Page
- Unique and keyword rich titles on every page
- Unique and keyword rich description on every page
- Unique meta keywords on every page
- Keyword Rich Content
- Keywords present in body text
- Keywords present in file names on every page
- Keywords present in alt tags and titles for images
- Keywords present in anchor text from other pages links within the site
- Create sitemap for indexing- submit to Google via Webmaster Tools
- Make sure that pages that target most competitive keywords are at the top of the site map hierarchy.
- Use keywords in navigation
- Write a new blog post 2-4 times a month
- Create original keyword rich articles
- Include meta data (titles, descriptions,keywords) on every post
- Analyze Competitors
- Check back links from competitors sites
- Set up Google Alerts for your main keywords
- Link Building
- Research potential blogs and article publication sites, especially industry specific publication sites
- Look for sites that allow anchor text on links
- Check that sites allow “do follow” links
- Submit press releases and original articles with links, anchor text, and contact info.
- Social Media
- Create profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Tweet and post to Facebook at least 2-3 times/a week
- Link to interesting articles in the industry as well as your website
- Use conversational language integrated with keywords
- Create originals to post to video sharing hubs like YouTube, Vimeo and MetaCafe
- Create profiles on local business pages like Inside919, Manta and Merchant Circle
Of course, the internet marketing industry is constantly changing and consistently adding new features, sites and rules. Because of this, our checklist is always a work in progress.