In today’s competitive market, it is important for your website to have quality placement on search engines like Google. A huge part of that is your linking strategy – both internal and external. A smart plan needs to be carefully thought out and carried out over time. For a new website, there are certain tactics that can help you increase your SEO scores and boost your website traffic.
- Make Your Site User-Friendly With Internal Links… Be aware of your site structure and use internal links to help site visitors navigate your website. It will improve the overall experience and help your site ranking.
- …But Be Aware of Broken Ones. This seems simple, but it’s an integral part of any linking strategy. Be sure to test to your site on a regular basis and remove broken links.
- Look at Where Your Competitors Link. Hey, there is nothing wrong with knowing what your competition is doing. There are valuable tools available about your competitor’s linking tactics by visiting Google or Yahoo and entering: “link:www.competitorsite.com”.
- Avoid Shady Tactics. Search engines are getting smarter by the day, and if you engage in “black hat” or questionable tactics (like paying for someone to link to your site) it could result in penalties to your site.
- Pay Close Attention Where You Link. Try to link to websites with high page authority that are relevant to your industry. In addition, don’t put all of your links in one basket and try to spread them out among different types of sites.
These are just a few tips to get you started. Please check back to read the next part of this series and to learn other valuable internet marketing tips from your friends at TheeDigital.