Our clients often ask how to set up email on their mobile phones. This article will demonstrate how to create a new mail account on an iPhone 6. If you have additional questions about setting up mail on your cell, please send us a request to Support and we’ll be happy to help you!
Steps to Set Up Email on an iPhone
Step One: Add a New Account
- First, tap the Settings icon on your iPhone.
- Next, scroll down and tap the Mail icon, then tap Accounts.
- Tap Add Account.
- If TheeDigital hosts your email, tap Other in the list of mail services.
- Select Add Mail Account.
Step Two: Enter Your Login Credentials
- Enter your name, email address, and password that was provided to you by our team.
- You can add a description or just type your email address again.
- Then click Next.
Step Three: Choose IMAP or POP
What’s the difference between IMAP and POP?
IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) allows your phone to sync with the server so when you check your email on your phone, the messages will show as read on your phone or tablet as well. This setting is ideal for people who want to use multiple devices to access an email account.
POP (Post Office Protocol) deletes messages from the server once the message is sent to your device. If you only need to access your email from one device/computer, this setting will work for you and will keep your mailbox from getting full on the server.
Step Four: Enter The Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server Info
- Host Name: mail.yourdomain.com (for example, mail.theedesign.com)
- User Name: enter your username
- Password: enter your password
IMPORTANT: If TheeDigital is hosting your email, make sure that BOTH the incoming and outgoing servers are mail.yourdomain.com. (for example, mail.theedesign.com)
- Click Next.
- The account will then be verified.
Step Five: Make Sure The Outgoing Server Requires Authentication
- Go back into your account settings (follow step one if needed)
- Tap your Outgoing Server (mail.yourdomain.com)
- Tap Primary Server (should be mail.yourdomain.com)
- Enter Port 25
- Tap Authentication
- Tap Password
- Tap Done
The phone will now verify that the account info is correct and then you’re all set!
If your account is not verified, please double check all of your settings and re-enter your username and password. If you need your password to be reset, please send a support request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 919-322-4750.