Mobile technology is revolutionizing the way we access information and creates an exciting new way to interact with your audience. It is estimated that by 2010 almost half of the planet will have access to the web through a mobile device. This makes mobile web a more integral part of our everyday lives.
Odds are that your site will not properly display on a wireless or PDA device. After all, it is mostly likely designed for a 17 inch standard PC screen and not for the new world of mobile web development. That is why it is crucial for your business to have a site specifically built for handheld devices.
Your Friends at TheeDigital want to help. We have put together this handy list of helpful pointers to get you thinking about mobile web development and help prepare yourself of the wireless revolution.
- Register the .mobi version of your particular domain name before your competitors would do it! When someone visits your website via a mobile device, they are redirected to the .mobi extension with easy access to your web information. We are also able to create a sub domain or a new folder for the mobile version of your site.
- Minimize the use of large images or anything where a plug-in is required – if your site takes too long to load than users will most likely bounce.
- Utilize one column layouts and optimize your HTML with clean codes and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- Keep it simple! Due to the lack of space on the screen and slow internet connection it’s imperative that visitors have easy access to the most important information.
- Make sure the background and text colors provide adequate contrast so that the content can be read easily.
- Test, test, and test! Wireless devices come in many shapes, sizes and resolutions and it takes testing and lots of patience to make sure your site works on all of them.
Mobile technology is evolving daily and it is important that your business is moving at the speed of technology. If your business is not on the cutting-edge then you may get left behind!
If you would like to learn more about mobile web design, please contact TheeDigital at 919-341-8901 or fill out our inquiry form and one of our mobile website development experts will be in contact with you soon.