- From 2013 to 2014, nearly 38 million people saved holiday related pins–that’s approximately the population of both Florida and New York combined!
- There is a 50% increase in holiday pins each year, as people are steadily growing familiar with Pinterest and its useful properties.
- 43% of holiday pins are pinned by millennials
- A whopping 87% of pinning customers bought something because of Pinterest
- 74% of Pinners say that using Pinterest helps them discover new products and become motivated to buy them
- Pinterest shoppers, on average, spend approximately $170 per session, according to the ecommerce consultant, RichRelevance. These numbers are based on a study that tracked 700 million shopping sessions.
- 93% of Pinterest users use the platform to plan purchases.
- Orders from Pinterest phones and tablets have increased by 140% in the last 2 years.
The Best Holiday Marketing Strategy on PinterestIt’s important for online business owners to engage with their consumers, especially when deals are everywhere and people are feverishly hunting for holiday gifts for various family and friends. You want to differentiate yourself so that you come out on top of your competition. One of the best ways to do this using Pinterest is to pin your own things!
1. Create Your Own Product Pin BoardsBy creating pin boards based on your products and services, you will allow customers to be able to view your offerings in a way that may be easier for them to engage with (as opposed to your online store). This way, consumers can easily sift through images and save the ones they like.
2. Pin Your DealsIn addition to pinning your products and services, you should also make a pin board featuring your holiday deals and discounts.
3. Tag Your PinsOne of the ways people find things to pin on Pinterest is by searching tags that are relevant to what they are looking for. In order to show up in these searches, you must tag your own pins for reference. Use keywords to describe your pins and your business.
4. Add the Pin Button to Your WebsitePinterest allows you to add a Pin button to your website so that users can Pin things straight from your pages to their Pin boards. You can add these Pin buttons to each service/product page–as many times as you’d like–to capture the attention of your site users and Pinners.
5. Use Gorgeous, Pin-Worthy ImagesHighlight your goods! The best way to get Pinned is to have high-quality images of the products and services that you offer. With visually appealing imagery, Pinners are more motivated to purchase the products they save.
6. Include Pricing on PinsDon’t keep your customers guessing! Make sure to include all pricing details along with your images and Pins.
7. Special Promotions & Sponsored ContestsReward your Pinning users! Incentivize your clients to use Pinterest as a platform and to Pin and purchase your products. The better your relationship with your Pinning demographic, the more likely it is that this demographic will grow and flourish — resulting in increased sales.
Pinterest is Just the StartPinterest is one of the most visual social media outlets and it allows users to follow links from images they like to the product pages themselves–making it easy to purchase the pins you save. However, it’s just the beginning. Pinterest serves as an excellent jumping off point for highlighting your products and services on all social media outlets, as pins can easily be shared to Facebook, Twitter, and even blogs. Don’t be afraid to get creative–set yourself apart from your competitors and cover all of your social media bases.
Our internet marketing experts and social media gurus can help you develop a social media marketing plan for the holidays, or any time of year. Give us a call at (919) 341-8901 or fill out our contact form.